There are so many great things to do with kids in Wilmington, NC. If you’re looking for some fun activities to get out of the house and enjoy time with your family, read below for 25 ideas!
Here are 25 fun and exciting activities that your children will love. These activities range from indoor to outdoor adventures, giving you plenty of options depending on the weather. So take a look at what’s inside and get ready to have some family fun!
I will list 25 activities that are perfect for families and children of all ages.
25 Fun Things To Do With Kids In Wilmington, NC
- Visit the Wilmington Aquarium
- Check out the latest exhibit at The Museum of Natural Sciences
- Play on the swings at Rodney Square Park
- Watch a game with your friends and family at Legion Stadium
- Take in some live music during one of our many festivals (Cape Fear Blues Festival, Jazz & Ribs Fest, etc.)
- Explore historic downtown Wilmington by foot or bike – you’ll find shops, restaurants, museums and more!
- Head to Wrightsville Beach for some sun and surf! You can also rent bikes there too! And don’t forget to stop by Joe’s Crab Shack for dinner or lunch while you’re there!
- Go fishing on Wrightsville Beach
- Take an arts and crafts class at Collage Kids Art Studio
- Ride horses along the Cape Fear River Trail
- Airborne Adventures
- New Hanover Country Club
- Wilmington IMAX Theater
- JumpZone Trampoline Park and Sports Complex
1. Wrightsville Beach
The Wrightsville Beach Fishing Pier has been a popular fishing spot for locals and visitors alike since its construction in the early 1960s. The pier is located on the south end of Wrightsville Beach, just past the municipal parking lot and public restrooms.
Wrightsville Beach is one of the most popular beaches in North Carolina. It’s also a great spot for fishing! If you’re looking to catch some fish, Wrightsville Beach has several options for anglers. The Fishing Pier offers deep water fishing from north of the pier all the way to south, and there are other piers that offer shore-based fishing opportunities as well.
2. Fort Fisher Spend some time at this historic fort
Fort Fisher is a historic military fortification that was built in Wilmington, North Carolina during the Civil War. It had been used to protect the city and its port from Union ships. Fort Fisher became famous for being one of the last Confederate strongholds to surrender at the end of the war.
Fort Fisher has now become a popular tourist attraction which features guided tours, exhibits and an extensive education program about Fort Fisher’s role in protecting Wilmington and other important sites related to African-American history in Wilmington.
3. Do you love to jump on a trampoline?
Have you ever wanted to do it with a bunch of your friends? Flip N Fly is the perfect place for that. Located in Wilmington, NC, Flip N Fly offers everything from birthday parties and events to open jumping times for anyone who wants to come and visit. We offer many different types of trampolines including indoor foam pits!
4. New Hanover County Club
New Hanover County Club offers golf, tennis, pools, dining out options for adults, etc. It’s perfect for the whole family to spend some time together while having fun
5. Visit the Wilmington Hammerheads Baseball Game
Get in on all of the tailgating fun before heading into a game that features some of the country’s most talented minor league players. The stadium is built to look like an old mill, complete with stone waterfalls and picnic areas overlooking scenic downtown Wilmington.
6. The Children’s Museum of Wilmington
The Children’s Museum of Wilmington is a great place for children to learn and have fun. It has an excellent variety of exhibits, including art, science, music and more. Kids can explore the museum at their own pace and satisfy their curiosity about the world around them. Parents will be happy to know that there are interactive activities in each exhibit which helps kids retain what they’ve learned!
7. The Wilmington Railroad Museum
Wilmington Railroad Museum is a museum that features railway history and locomotives. Built in the 1920s, it has been operating since 1929 as the first railroad museum in North Carolina. The Wilmington Railroad Museum offers many different activities for visitors of all ages to enjoy including train rides, tours, special exhibitions, and more!
8. If you’re looking for something exciting to do on a Saturday afternoon, then Crossfire Indoor Paintball Park in Wilmington is the place to be. They offer paintball hours that will satisfy all ages and skill levels of players. Whether you want to get some alone time or play with your friends, Crossfire has an hourly rate that can work for any budget.
9. The Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park
The Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park is a great family destination with some of the best water slides around. The park offers something for everyone, and it’s located in Wilmington, NC. Come out and enjoy these 9 amazing attractions:
-Tidal Wave Pool -Wet n’ Wild Slide -Twister Falls Slides
-Bayou Blaster Flume Ride
-Dolphin Swirls Red Baron Rockin Tug Boat Rides
-Jungle River Run Tube Chute (kids slide) -Jungle River Run Tow Path (adults only)
-Pirate Ship Keel Haul Playground Adventure Course (ages 12+)
Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park is a fun place for kids and adults to go in Wilmington, NC. They have many different rides and attractions that will keep you entertained all day long!
10. The Wilmington Ice House
The Wilmington Ice House is a great place for families and friends to enjoy the ice during the winter. The building has plenty of seating including tables, booths, and bar stools, as well as an upstairs loft that’s perfect for parties or large groups. There are also five indoor hockey rinks and two outdoor rinks available to rent by the hour. With so many amenities at your disposal, it’s easy to see why this ice house is considered one of Wilmington’s best!
Wilmington Ice House Wilmington, NC is the place to go for ice skating in Wilmington. They offer public skating and lessons on an hourly basis.
The rink can accommodate more than 500 people at one time and has a variety of rental skates available from size 2 to 12. There are also lockers so you don’t have to lug your things around with you all night long!
11. The Cape Fear Museum
Cape Fear Museum of History and Science is a fascinating museum in Wilmington, North Carolina. Museum’s goal is to provide visitors with an understanding of the natural history and cultural heritage of the region.
A museum that features exhibits about the history, culture, natural environment and science of North Carolina. There are over 120 acres on the property that includes gardens and woodlands. The Cape Fear Museum has been active for more than 50 years as an educational institution with programs for all ages.
12. The Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
The Battleship NORTH CAROLINA is a World War II era ship that has been turned into a museum. Located in Wilmington, NC the Battleship North Carolina Museum offers visitors an up-close and personal experience with this hero of WW2. The Battleship North Carolina was commissioned in 1943 and served as part of the U.S Navy for twenty years before being decommissioned in 1961. Visitors to the Battleship can explore two decks of living quarters, three gun turrets, anti-aircraft guns, ammunition rooms and more!
13. North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher is a great place to spend the day with your family. There are countless exhibits and programs for children of all ages. The aquarium also has an interactive touch tank where visitors can get up close and personal with local sea life, like horseshoe crabs, urchins, jellyfish, lobsters, and more!
here’s few more quick Ideas of what to do
- Visit the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial
- Watch a movie at The Grand 18 Theater
- Have lunch or dinner at one of Wilmington’s many restaurants
- Go to the Cape Fear Botanical Garden and Butterfly House
- Take a walk through historic downtown Wilmington, NC
- Catch an outdoor concert in Wrightsville Beach, NC
- Tour Airlie Gardens in Wilmington, NC with your kids for some educational fun! 8) Play mini golf on Wrightsville Beach Boardwalk & Pier 9) Spend time exploring Fort Fisher 10) Visit Monkey Joe’s Amusement Park 11) See live theater productions at Thalian Hall 12) Enjoy all that the North Carolina Aquarium has to offer
Locations Unkown is a website where you can find the best destinations in the world for your next holiday or trip. We write about different places and how they are to visit, as well as what you should do there. If you’re travelling with kids, we also have some great ideas for family-friendly attractions too!
We love to travel ourselves and hope that our stories will inspire others to go on their own adventures too!